Welcome to Year 5 and 6 > Oak Class
WELCOME TO THE OAK CLASS PAGE
This term we are very excited to be learning about New York. We will be learning all about the buildings, music, art and geography of the city, as well as North and South America. We will be looking at the prodigal son and how it can help us with forgiveness, respect and acceptance, we will be creating some wonderful patterns inspired by designers and creating some bridges, flying objects and inventions inspired by great architects!
In Oak class, we love Maths, reading and English because we are challenged to try our best and have great times learning in a creative topic based way! We will be focusing on a range of skills and growing our knowledge of reading, grammar and arithmetic throughout the year!
We are getting to grips with our Tackling Tables challenge, with everyone of our class on green level. We now have no children on blue level and we even have a few who have completed all of the tackling tables resources!
We will be continuing to learn to play as an ensemble with our weekly recorder lessons and learning outdoors every Wednesday at Mount Amelia.
We work hard in school and out of school, handing in our homework every Friday ready to receive our house points before Sharing Assembly.
Click below to see our learning;
Meet the Teacher Slides
September 2019 Oak Class
SUMMER TERM OBJECTIVES
As we enter the Summer term, we wanted to give you access to the weekly objectives that Oak class would have covered if school were open as normal.
OAK CLASS WEEK 6 'HALF TERM' OBJECTIVES
As it is 'half term' this week, we understand that some families will take a break from learning. However, we also know that some families would still like to add learning to their activities this week. So, please enjoy the activities you would like to do, from this weeks learning ideas.
- To recap addition, subtraction, multiplication and division methods
- Which ones are you strongest at?
- Which ones are your weakest?
- Practise quickly calculating sums of all 4 main operations.
Download an arithmetic challenge and practise against the clock - can you finish in time
- Allow 1 minute per question you have. If you have 20 questions you should only spend 20 minutes.
Learn and remember prime numbers and square numbers.
- Can you create a poster of these key numbers to remember them?
- It's that time of year where I am producing the year 6 leavers books and need the input of both year 5 and year 6. Still awaiting quite a few children details so please emails them to me asap.
- Mrs Taylor talks
- You will need to answer the following questions about yourself and email them to email@example.com
- What is your name and age?
- What are your favourite memories of Ingoldisthorpe school?
- What have been your favourite trips and why?
- What are your hobbies?
- What are you favourite foods?
- Who are your closest friends?
- What do you want to do in the future?
- Where would you like to travel?
- A message to the teachers who have helped you on your journey.
- And finally a message to your fellow year 6!
- Mrs Taylor talks
- Your challenge is to write a small message about all of the year 6 in our class (there are 12 of them and I will email you all a reminder on Monday of who they are) email you responses to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Think about memories you have of them?
- What are they good at? What do they like?
- What have they done to impact you?
- How will you remember them?
- What are their talents and skills?
- What message would you write for them as they leave our school?
- Read the story starter and finish the story.
- Can you include a start, middle and an ending?
- Can you illustrate your story?
- To use spelling shed to practise
To practise tricky words -
- To practise and learn some of the words from past papers and other words which follow those rules
- To practise reading a variety of books, texts, poems and short extracts
- Create a book review or vlog of your book review. What could you tell others about your books?
- Amazon are offering lots of ebooks for free to download and read for all ages
To learn about the anatomy and parts of a flower
- What is the purpose of the parts?
- Parts of plants video 1
- Parts of plants video 2
- To create a detailed drawing of a flower from you garden.
- To create a painting of a flower or a few flowers.
- Can you label the parts of the flower on your drawing?
- Can you create a paper flower including all of the parts of a flower?
- Research Emmeline Pankhurst and learn about her life.
- What made her a good leader?
- Why did people follow her?
- What made people like her?
- Why did people not like her?
I hope you enjoy the learning and have a great week.
Any problems or queries please contact email@example.com
ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL HOMEWORK
For past SATS tests follow the links below to download them;
PLEASE AVOID 2019 TEST PAPERS (as these are used in class work and assessment)